MAKING MARRIOTT SYNONYMOUS WITH GREAT FOOD AND DRINK
The Indian culinary landscape has grown cluttered with a huge influx of new F&B options but only the fittest survive. The task for us amidst this competitive landscape was to make Marriott the ultimate destination for locals to eat, meet and drink
We based our strategy on three key insights:
- Today, millennials are looking for unique brag-worthy experiences, and for Indians who are looking to indulge in premium culinary experiences, Michelin chefs are the last world.
- Innovative food concepts are key to gaining traction and interest from the media and consumers alike.
- Lastly, tier two & three cities have a growing appetite for new food experiences.
WHAT WE DID
Our strategy was built on leveraging Marriott’s inherent F&B strengths and assests through strategic interventions for their key brand campaigns, which included – Masters of Marriott, Marriott on Wheels, Taste Nirvana and Marriott X AXN. We curated and leveraged an F&B-focused campaign every quarter, each that highlighted Marriott’s diverse F&B offerings and the impeccable service that customers expect
- SUSTAINED ‘EXPERIENCE FORWARD’ PLAN: We gave food lovers not just one but many reasons to visit Marriott for its enchanting F&B experiences. We devised a sustained engagement plan with high impact triggers and conceptualised localised brand campaigns to make Marriott top of mind for foodies in India.
- DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS: To make Marriott synonymous with memorable culinary experiences, we launched different campaigns to appeal to foodies across the spectrum, from metros to tier 2 & 3 towns as well as from those just discovering their food preferences to connoisseurs. For each campaign that we launched, we followed a different approach to leverage its strengths. While for some initiatives, the quantum of stories and social media visibility was key to create conversation, for the others it was about achieving high-impact and selective stories to create impact
- WE BROUGHT MASTERCHEFS TO THE FOREFRONT: We focused on celebrating the pursuit of consistent innovation and excellence at Marriott and brought our chefs and mixologists to the forefront in order for them to highlight their craft and engage with guests’ first-hand
These strategic campaigns have established Marriott as a formidable force in the culinary industry. Our consistent efforts of growing Marriott’s F&B reputation have resulted in close to 500 dedicated media stories on Marriott’s F&B offerings across key category A publications including CNBC TV18, ScoopWhoop, Forbes India, GQ, CondeNast Traveller, Vogue , to name a few. We garnered a PR value worth 532+ Million and impressions worth 132+ Million in under two years. Today, F&B accounts for 40% of the revenue for Marriott in the country.